Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gazm1990
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Ultra HD multiroom?

Go to solution

Hi

I was hoping for a little help as I've been getting nowhere with BT Customer service. It's quite a rare situation but hopefully someone can advise.

I'm on BT infinity 4 FTTP with BT TV and ultra HD. I recently wanted to add multiroom for the tv so went online but I couldn't choose another UHD box as my 2nd box, so I phoned BT and was told they don't do UHD multiroom because the broadband couldn't handle it. I explained that I have speeds of 300Mb/s so that won't be a problem but they wouldn't sell me another UHD box.

I then thought about buying the UHD box myself off eBay and then activating the multiroom online without taking a box from BT. I rang BT to check that if I did this I would get the 4k channel on the 2nd box and they couldn't understand what I was asking and kept passing me around departments.

Has anyone else tried this and does it work? Or is there a way I can get BT to give me a 2nd UHD box?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gazm1990
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ultra HD multiroom?

Go to solution

Apologies the title should be Ultra HD multiroom but I posted on my phone and I can't figure out how to edit the post

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @gazm1990

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

I have updated the subject line for you.  We all knew what you meant anyway Smiley Tongue

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @gazm1990

I'm just posting back to answer your question.

I completely understand that you're on FTTP with 300meg and that those speeds would be more than enough to stream two concurrent UHD streams.  BT do not currently offer this service as such a small percentage of the customer base can achieve those speeds.  You're one of the lucky ones who can Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
gazm1990
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Many thanks for the helpful reply Robbie. Thanks for clarifying this for me. I am indeed very lucky 🙂
0 Ratings