Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tang5204
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Ultra hd

Go to solution
Hey! I've just ordered the ultra HD package as it was the best package for the price compared to the other packages... do I need a 4k TV? As at the moment the only 4k stuff will be sports for now.

Or will it literally not be compatible? 😞

Thanks in advanced!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ultra hd

Go to solution

The UHD YouView box allow you to output video at 720p 1089p so a TV without 4K will work just fine. 

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It will work fine with a non 4K TV - there is no Scart connection so you do need to use HDMI - just set the output to what you want -  Youview > Settings > TV Signal & Quality > HDMI Display Setting

0 Ratings
Tang5204
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Aww that's brilliant!!! Thanks a lot for that! I've been emailed saying my BT TV service has now been activated and I have the ultra HD box in front of me... do I really need to wait for this engineer on Tuesday? 😕
0 Ratings
1nf0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
You could have saved yourself the engineer fee. It's exactly the same as any other you view box in terms of setup. Make sure you use the Ethranet cable provided and connect it directly to the BT HH5 router/modem. It needs a fast connection and that cable has shielding by the look of it. Make sure the YV UHD box has good ventilation as it gets very hot.
0 Ratings