Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

UltraHD?

Go to solution

Hi guys. I've been pouring over the uhd offerings on BTtv. I have Entertainment Plus just now but fancy an upgrade. For those who have it, is it worth the extra money? Would you recommend adding the Netflix uhd package? Finally, the dsl checker shows my line as being Range A Clean 49Mbps Low and Range B Impacted 30Mbps Low. I usually get circa 48-51 download speeds. Would this make me eligible for a UHD upgrade?

EDIT: something else I meant to ask. Can I continue to use my powerline adapters for BT uhd? They're working great with Entertainment+

Thanks.

It's like being in primary school in here. RD.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: UltraHD?

Go to solution

Hey @jackrobin,

I have the full package and love it. There isn't a lot of UHD content yet but when they air something on BT Sport Ultra it's crystal clear. Netflix is great too. I'm using powerline adapters too but my speeds sit between 60-70

Fear itself

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Would be best to check what speed you're getting at the powerline adaptor connected to the Youview box - I'd recently been having a few issues with pixellation on sky hd channels so tested mine; although I regularly get up to 75Mbps on my pc which is connected via ethernet cable, at the powerline adaptor I only get around 32 - 35 Mbs. A lot depends on the quality of your home wiring I beleive.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Please excuse my ignorance @LesC but how would I go about testing the speed at the adapter? Appreciate the heads up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@jackrobin wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance @LesC but how would I go about testing the speed at the adapter? Appreciate the heads up.

Take the ethernet cable out of the Youview box & then plug it into a laptop & then use a speed test site like speedtest.net to test the speed 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Of course @LesC. I couldn't see the obvious and it was staring me in the face. Yesterday was a long day Man Very Happy I'll do that later today and post up what I get. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@jackrobin

You must use this speed tester http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and run the further diagnostics as well.

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Unfortunately there is only one UHD channel ( Bt sport ) but if you're into sports then it's probably worth the upgrade.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I haven't checked at the box yet as its in use but this is the results from your link @Keith_Beddoe

Download speed 51.54

Upload speed 8.93

Ping latency 20.88

Further Diagnostics as follows:

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed

51.25 Mbps

Download speed achieved during the test was - 51.25 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 27.5 Mbps-53.17 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 53.17 Mbps

Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed

8.43 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.43Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@jackrobin

That looks fine.

0 Ratings