Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Unable to Login to Webmail

Go to solution

I have recently become unable to login to webmail. Windows Mail is working perfectly (Talk21.com address). I can login to the subaccounts on my account to check spam etc., but not on to my own. I am going round in circles - when I try to login, I am taken to a message that says I am already logged in, then either click ‘back to log in’, or ‘click continue’ to go to all the email addresses on my account. The former just takes me back to the login page where I have just been, and then takes me to the 'back/continue' screen I have just mentioned. If I click ’continue’ I have a list of all the addresses. Unless I want to change passwords, all I seem able to do is click on go to Inbox, which takes me to the ‘back/continue’ screen. And so on.

Why can I go into the subaccounts and not my own? Help, please.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unable to Login to Webmail

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
DRE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

Thank you. I await their message!

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @DRE

Thanks for your post and welcome back.

Sorry that you're having problems logging into your email address.  I can appreciate the frustration going round and round in circles Smiley Frustrated

You can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

PeteThePen1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Folks

Could I add in a comment  under this thread relating to logging into Webmail?

Before the YahooMail hacking issue I used to be able to have the BT Mail login screen as my home page, enter my details and then go straight into mail.  I have now changed my password as advised and find that BT has changed access to Webmail.

From the same BT Mail login screen I now get taken to a sort of temporary screen telling me I am logged int MYBT and offering me the opportunity to log into email or go to my MYBT email account management.  Choosing the left hand go to mail just goes into the circular loop mentioned in an earlier post.  Choosing the other option I can get to my BTMail account management screen where ther is a further link that finally gets one to webmail.

Unlike the earlier poster, DRE, I am able to access Webmail, but adding two extra screens seems daft.  I thought at first that the 'temporary' screen was being put up by a scammer but it proved to be genuine BT.  Is BT trying to disuade us from using Webmail?

Regards

Pete

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

PeteThePen1 wrote:

Is BT trying to disuade us from using Webmail?

No idea, but for most people an email client like Thunderbird should be a no-brainer anyway - automatic login, more user-friendly interface, better security.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
DRE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Problem solved by the moderator, @RobbieMac, who set things in motion, and arranged for a telephone call from BT Help. The caller changed my address to a  .t21@btinternet.com address, and changed my password. I wan't ablr to get in to webmail to change my password! Everything is now back to normal. Even though my new official address is a btinternet one, I can still use my talk21 address in routine emails.

Thanks to everyone for the help and comments.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Brilliant result @DRE. Thanks  for letting us know you're all sorted.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
PeteThePen1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

No, sorry, suggesting Thunderbird is not helpful at all. I am working my way through the various email clients to find one that I like that is also fast enough. Thunderbird seems to be for folks who have loads of time to waste waiting for it to decide whether it will send one's emails or not. BT Webmaill has many faults but it works and is relatively quick and I can pick it up anywhere. Pete.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Try Claws Mail.

Webmail is for folks who like reading adverts and having the UI changed every five minutes on a whim.