cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Unable to MANAGE e-Mails after migration.

After being asked to migrate my BT Yahoo Mail to BT Mail (When logging into the BT website) I have lost the ability to manage my e-mail account or add any further e-mail accounts via MY EXTRAS. When I try to access MANAGE MY E-MAIL ACCOUNTS I get the error message:

WARNING:

Sorry, we're unable to find a BT Mailbox linked with your account. If you are able, please try and log directly into your mailbox.

All options on that page normally available for managing E-Mail accounts are just not there.

Secondly if you try and access MANAGE E-MAIL accounts via MY Extras the BUTTON MANAGE E-MAILS is missing.

I know this is a failed migration issue and allmost certainly requires the issue of a new BT ID and the linking of the primary e-mail address. However I am now 10 Chat sessions , 12 hours later and I am still trying to get BT to take ownership of the problem. Just promises that level two support will call back. When they call back they say it is an e-mail configuration problem and nothing to do with them. It is patently not an e-mail configuration problem. Anyone else experienced this and actually had their problem solved,

Thanks in advance,

Robbie

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unable to MANAGE e-Mails after migration.

When were you migrated to BTMail? The email migration was suspended over a year ago.

0 Ratings
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

The migration possibly did happen years ago. This was the first time of accessing the BT account on line whereupon it wanted to link the e-Mail account with the BT Mail ID. This appeared to complete but upon going back into the account the BT Yahoo mail account was found not to be properly linked.

The e-mails have always been used through an-email client such as Windows Live Mail, so access to the BT Mail portal

not used,

Thank you for your question.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

There is nothing any of the forum members will be able to do to help you so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take twenty four hours for them to re-contact you.

silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thank you, I appreciate your support.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 10

Hi @silverhairedbee,

This should be something that my team can help with as we've helped other Forum users in the past with similar issues. You can get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It's in the about section.

Thanks for reporting this to us @gg30340 Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi, I am logged in but cannot see the Contact The Mods after clicking on the profile link.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 10

Hi @silverhairedbee,

I've made it available again for you now and will leave it up for you.

It'll take us a few days to pick it up but we will help you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jenny called me yesterday from your department, I believe to let me know you would be unable to progress my issue as it would likely cross over with the "tickets" I have already raised on this issue from mainstream support. She was very helpful and said she would try and escalate my case, Thank you Jenny.  

Support called me this evening and unfortunately I missed the call. I was told I would need to call them back to arrange a call back time so that they could speak to me about the issue. I don't understand why they need to speak to me any further. I have explained in detail the issue approximately TEN times to various people. Please can someone take ownership of this problem and just sort it out. Can it be so difficult. To all those in support who are genuinely trying to sort our issues out, thank you respectfully for your efforts but please can you sort mine out. (Approximately 12 1/2 hrs now spent on this issue, 31 DAYS since reported. Please help. Robert.

0 Ratings
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Respectfully, This issue is still not resolved. I am receiving calls about once every ten days saying the issue is being

looked at but no actual solution. Can any one advise when a solution is likely,

Thank you,

Robert

0 Ratings