Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 11 of 25

Re: Unable to Order FoD ?

Go to solution

@James-M-Johnson

That snippit of the BT Wholesale is showing Openreach Native WBC FTTP being available and not FTTPoD/FTTP on Demand (these are two different products, BT Consumer so offer Openreach Native WBC FTTP but not FTTPoD/FTTP on Demand).

It could be a database issue, which is why BT Consumer are saying the service is not available to you.

Do you have a current phone line service with BT Consumer? You may need to explain that the database could be wrong as neighbours have WBC FTTP.

You could also try contacting Openreach via www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/help-and-support/fibre-broadband-availability.aspx

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks for the response.

Yes I believe it could be a database issue as the new WBC FTTP is available however I have a copper line connected to my premises.  Effectively I believe my address is served by the 2 technologies (as the new version of WBC FTTP is still having addresses connected by Openreach onsite) but BT keep checking the cabinet associated to my address.

I'll phone them again and see if I can explain it clearer.

Thank you all for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution
I suspect that your house was the last to be connected to the cabinet, and the house next to you on the right was the first to be connected to FTTP, which doesn't go via a cabinet. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

What does the neighbouring properties to the right show as having available? If they're cabinet 11, then it's as above I susepct.

There's little you can do, very, ery very unlikely that Openreach will offer both FTTC and FTTP to a property, unless the FTTC speed isn't enough for superfast (over 24mbps) and the FTTP is then funded by the BDUK.

As this is a new build estate, that won't apply. Have you spoken to the builder to see what they say?

Just because they had to order it doesn't mean FoD, it just means thay Openreach hadn't installed the fibre to their house (which the usually do on new builds).

If it's not a database issue, which looks unlikely, given that OR have acknowledged that you're connected to cab 11 and made FoD available, then you cannot get native FTTP.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

I understand what you're saying Webby... but considering the aggregation node is literally a slow 30s walk from my door and my current copper line keeps decreasing it's sync speed (currently 22Mb, 30Mb is the OR handover, 35-42 is my expected) and I've had 7 OR visits (in the last 2-3months) which temporarily fixs it until the DSLAM kicks in again I don't really have a choice but to try every avenue.

I'm even willing to pay for a new line as long as it doesn't connect to cabinet11.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

@James-M-Johnson

It would be better at this stage to find out why your existing speed keeps dropping, as there has to be a fault somewhere, it just has not been found yet.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution
They don't connect you to an Agregation Node. It'll be a Splitter Node, most likely a 32 Way Splitter.

And WBC just stands for Wholesale Broadband Connect. It's not the name of some fancy new FTTP Technology.

What your neighbours have is just standard native FTTP, that's all. It's not FTTPoD.

BT Residential never sold FTTPoD. It was purely a Business Product only, basically it was no different to an Ethernet Access Direct Line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution
As I said, it doesn't matter if it's outside your house or 2 miles away, the network is bespoke and can't just be altered willy nilly. There may not be any ducting in place between your home and the splitter node (especially given you're connected to the copper network to a cabinet and not pure FTTP).

Contrary to popular myth, not all of the Openreach ducting is interconnected, so while you may live close to a node, the cost to even dig up roads and lay ducting can run into thousands of pounds.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks for the suggestion but I've been through all the diagnostics (IT Manager from a technical background)... it was fine until they installed the aggregator into the same junction box as our copper lines.
If you look at number 35 (directly across the road from me) they are on cabinet 11 and can't even get fttc. So I presume something has happened and now our reported attainable speeds are incorrect.
Prior to the works the fibre teams did I had a solid 37Mb.
Even accounting for crosstalk I shouldn't have experienced a drop that much and the last OR engineer who visited said 30Mb was amazing for the distance from the cabinet.
My noise margin used to sit nicely at 6.7db... yesterday it was at 19db. All of my sockets have been detached and we had a new vdsl faceplate installed becoming the master socket.
Yet there is no leakage on our line from the tests etc etc etc.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

I see what you're saying Webby... but worst case scenario is 7m of moleing from the junction box directly outside my neighbours.  Despite the fact that the fibre aggregator shares our DPs junction box which points to it sharing the same ducting.
The Openreach engineers onsite have been very helpful in their discussions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution
I'll bid you good luck.

No one on this forum can assist you any further. You'll need to take this issue up with Openreach directly either through the developer on the estate, or contacting Openreach via their webforms on their website.
0 Ratings