Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abathingape
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Unable to Perform BT Speedtest

Go to solution

I'm not sure if this is a wider problem but for a while now I've not been able to perform the speedtest from http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/.

The initial speed test is ok but when trying to progress to "furhter diagnostics" I receive the following:

Test Error:

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unable to Perform BT Speedtest

Go to solution

this is a current problem and there other posts on the forum just like yours  it is not your conenction that is a problem  often if you persevere then it works  you can also try a different browser which sometimes helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

The wholesale speed tester has been having some issues recently.  Only thing you can do is persevere it should eventually run the test with out errors.

0 Ratings
abathingape
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

thanks guys.  Also I have just recently switched to Sky, and as helpful as you guys have been in the past, I'm guessing I'll have to raise any issues on their forum instead of here?

Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

That's correct.  Sky's system is their own and none of the BT staff would be able to help.

0 Ratings
abathingape
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

no probs fella. thank you

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I an not sure it works on other ISPs, so you would be better asking on the Sky forum.

0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

I an not sure it works on other ISPs, so you would be better asking on the Sky forum.

The BT Wholesale speedtest works with other ISP's.

The Further Diagnostics doesn't.

0 Ratings
abathingape
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Ah that explains why! So how would one determine what the 'profile' of their line is?  Would that have to go through the necessary chain on their respective ISP too I guess?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

as you are now a sky user then try sky forum as you will probably find the answer to your question has been raised and answered there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings