cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rags2014
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Unable to access BT Mail - HELP

I'm still unable to access my emails (usually done by clicking Email from BT home page) Problem started this am - HTTP 404 Not Found. When I looked at help page earlier there was a message suggesting that this was a general problem so I've waited a few hours to try again. Still no luck and the message seems to have disappeared.

Really need my emails - what can I do??

I've been receiving loads of messages warning that my account may be cancelled but have assumed them to be Spam. Use my email account all day every day and am desperate.

6 REPLIES 6
Tidybeard
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to access BT Mail - HELP

Mine has been off since yesterday morning too (an @btinternet.com address). I just keep getting a "temporary server error" message.

It seems there are a lot of reports of issues but I can't seem to find anything from BT saying what the issue is, or whether there is a process underway, or any updates, or in fact...anything.

Does anyone know what the problem is and the estimated time to fix please?

Rags2014
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Tidybeard - at least I know I'm not alone! Have to admit I'm totally fed up with BT. If there is a problem (and there obviously is) surely it's not too much to ask for them to issue some sort of advice message/update.

As a matter of interest I have been able to access my emails using my Nexus tablet so at least I know all is not lost!

Come on BT - let us know what's happening!!!

SMAW
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I've had the same problem all day. I could only get my emails on my phone, however I could log in from my home pc so I guess my home uses a different server? Still a right pain though. Yahoo mail was much better.
0 Ratings
Tidybeard
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I'm back on now after changing my password. Still not sure why, but BT had suspended my account until I changed the password. It's all OK now.

0 Ratings
wsdxh09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I had this problem most of yesterday too (see other thread) unless I'm mistaken changes were made to the mail system sometime yesterday morning, anyway after discovering it worked on my phone, I rebooted both Laptop and PC and it was back on both.

0 Ratings
Rags2014
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Yes, I was finally able to access my mail yesterday after rebooting my desktop computer several times.

So - all is well UNTIL THE NEXT TIME!  Cat Frustrated

Thanks to those of you who let me know I wasn't alone. I'm really considering if the time has come to change my email to another provider despite the hassle involved in changing my address.

0 Ratings