Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lothianman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Unable to access BT TV Player

Go to solution

Recently acquired a new Youview box from BT, to replace my old one. There have been issues getting my order activated, but this has finally been achieved. The problem I have now, is that when trying to access the BT TV player either through the  Youview guide, directly by pressing the "BT player" on my remote control, it opens the BT TV player at an information page. There is no way to get past this page, as there are no selection options on it. The screen is divided into two parts. On the left is a bar with three entries, "BT TV Player", "Get the complete experience" and "Stay connected with BT". In the main part of the screen is an information page associated with each of these. There are no other options on the screen.

Any help with this would be appreciated

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unable to access BT TV Player

Go to solution

Please try again now 🙂

Steve

0 Ratings
lothianman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Cant try anything just now, as I am at work and the youview box is at home.

The implication from your reply is that there was a fault on the system, rather than anything wrong with my box.

A little more of an explanantion would be nice, but if it turns out to be fixed then I am happy. If it was something specific to my system/phone line, how did you know where/who I was?

Will update this again when I get home

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, sorry for the rushed response, I do this in my own time rather than as a day job 🙂

I found a handful of server errors which would cause your situation and corrected them on-mass.

Steve

lothianman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Yes it is working. Think I shall use this forum to solve all my BT problems in future!

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
You're welcome 🙂

Steve
Gfish
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi,

I received the youviewbox in my new house and I've got exactly same problem. Would you mind to help me too, please?

thanks

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi GFish,

Are you still having problems?

Steve

0 Ratings
maxheadroom
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi there,

I bought a BT youview box from curries and I have BT internet and BT sport that I can watch via the ipad app. But for some reason the BT TV Player app on the BT youview box does not start up. It gives me only the information about the player.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
The BT player is only for customers with a BT TV subscription, not just the BT Sport digital services. I'm not sure how much you paid but you would get a youview box as part of the subscription.

Steve
0 Ratings