cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rswipe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Unable to access a website.

Hi. I'm using BT Infinity and Home Hub 3. I am experiencing problems connecting to a specific website, where I am a forum member and have been visiting every day for some years. I was replying to a post last week when it locked, I backed out but was unable to reconnect and I've been unable to connect to the site for nearly a week, I get an "unable to connect to server time out" message. I've a PC cabled and a laptop and tablet connected wirelessly to the router. None of these will connect using my connection. I can connect immediately using the same laptop or tablet on public wi-fi and log in and use the site normally. I've tried three browsers, I've tried connecting from my bookmarks, from a Google search, and by linking from the site's facebook page, nothing. I've made contact with the site manager who assures me the problem is not with them. I can connect to any other website without problems. Very irritating, any ideas please?

Bernard

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to access a website.

without knowing the website it is difficult to suggest an answer to your problem you could try a full factory reset of the hub and see if that clears the problem
Rswipe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your help. Your suggestion may well have been the answer, since posting this morning and before I read your reply, we've had a power cut, the power has now come back on, which I presume had the same effect on the hub as a reset and I find I'm now able to access the problem website again.

Thanks again and regards

Bernard

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Glad all is now ok. A factory reset sets the hub to original factory defaults carried out by using a pin to hold in the recessed switch at the rear of the hub
0 Ratings