cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator-Retired
Message 41 of 59

Re: Unable to access on-line bills

Hi Steve_Baker

Sorry you are having problems checking your Mobile recent data usage.  I'll get this chased up now and get it sorted asap.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 42 of 59

Re: Unable to access on-line bills [ Monday 8th ]

I thought I'd post an update. I'm still not able to log in to my online account, using the new account set up for me by BT Customer Services 6 days ago. The message I get when logging in is as follows:

--- start ---

Due to technical reasons we are currently unable to provide details for this account on our new billing system. We are working to make this available to you. In the meantime, if you require online access to this account we can arrange this for you, please click here to contact us. Our advisors will be happy to make the necessary changes.

--- end ---

Does anyone know what the "necessary changes" are?

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 43 of 59

I'm happy to report I finally have access to my online billing.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
jonh46
Contributor
Message 44 of 59

That's good. but for how long I wonder. It still seems to be quite unreliable  to me.

This is what I got 20 mins ago when I clicked on view my bill after logging on.

"Sorry - page not found (Error code 404)

We are sorry, the page you requested does not exist at this address. It may have moved, the name changed or the link may be broken.

Please check the address is correct, make any changes and try again.

Return to BT.com".

i retried a few times with the same error message and then after waiting a while and retrying it allowed me into my account.

It is still incorrect as before  in recent usage, etc, and unfortunately it seems to have lost my current bill.

It shows last bill as dec 2009 and next due June 2010.

My current bill, march 2010  is not to be seen.

I know it has been actioned because by telephoning 150 / billing options my recent usage has reset to almost zero.

Also despite my having a direct debit facility set up it is requesting a debit card payment of X pounds.

I am particularly anxious to examine my latest bill before BT extract the money from my account as they managed to significantly   overcharge  me on  last bill by not applying the large discounts they promised for phone and broadband service if I renewed my contracts, which I had been loath to do after major problems a year or so ago. 

This whole saga seems to be descending into a total farce.

I will wait a day or so to see if the bill appears, before trying to find someone who can sort it out over the phone. 

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Old_Bear
Contributor
Message 45 of 59

@jonh46 wrote:
<snip>

It is still incorrect as before  in recent usage, etc, and unfortunately it seems to have lost my current bill.

It shows last bill as dec 2009 and next due June 2010.

My current bill, march 2010  is not to be seen.

I know it has been actioned because by telephoning 150 / billing options my recent usage has reset to almost zero.

Also despite my having a direct debit facility set up it is requesting a debit card payment of X pounds.

I am particularly anxious to examine my latest bill before BT extract the money from my account as they managed to significantly   overcharge  me on  last bill by not applying the large discounts they promised for phone and broadband service if I renewed my contracts, which I had been loath to do after major problems a year or so ago. 

This whole saga seems to be descending into a total farce.

I will wait a day or so to see if the bill appears, before trying to find someone who can sort it out over the phone. 

John

Pretty identical to my saga, John, except my current overcharge is for the last 4 months 'free' fibre trial charges.

I'm fortunate, though, to be in the position that Catherine from the Fibre Trial Team knows about my billing mess, has been monitoring the situation, and is calling me tomorrow to go over my bill to reassure me that it's all been fixed.

I'm grateful for that, but like so many others on here, I'll be happier when I see it in 'black and white', i.e. on my online billing pages.

OB

I'm a Private person; I respect those who respect my Privacy.
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 46 of 59

@jonh46 wrote:

It shows last bill as dec 2009 and next due June 2010. My current bill, march 2010  is not to be seen.

My most recent bill from February is present in my online billing. The two bills before that are listed with their dates and amounts, but there is no link to view or download them. The recent usage is lagging as most people seem to be seeing.

But for now I'm just happy to see anything at all in my control panel!

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 47 of 59

John I'll look into this for you, can I have your account number and eBilling username sent to forum.moderation.team@bt.com? If I can't get your latest online bill to show sharpish I'll see about sending you a hard copy of the bill while we get this sorted.

Can you include in your email the credits you were due to get, and I'll be able to see whether everything is as it should be?

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Steve_Baker
Contributor
Message 48 of 59

Landline info only upto 7th March.

Mobile still missing:

Error: Sorry, we are currently unable to present Billing and payments information.

Question to the Mods:

How are we supposed to monitor our data usage if we do not have access to the info and if I go over my 500mb data limit because I cannot monitor my usage will I be charged for the extra usage?

Dongle as above.

Steve
0 Ratings
jonh46
Contributor
Message 49 of 59

Thanks Stephanie,

But I used the online chat facility this morning and "spoke" with Leah, who after taking my account number, etc,  confirmed that there is a new bill and that it does include credits and adjustments from my last bill in December.

She didn't give details, but said she will send me a paper bill so I can hopefully  check it before BT use the direct debit facility.

The credits were I assume for over payment last time and the adjustments would be for the reduced phone and broadband rental charges. This had been set up after my last bill when I managed eventually  to speak with a UK call centre agent in the billing section.

I was pleased with the ease of communicating via the new chat system. It worked well.

There is a new amount showing as due on my on-line billing page with a request to make a debit card payment.

This figure is significantly lower than what I would expect my bill to me, so I assume that it does include credits etc, and that the underlying accounts system is ok.

It is the inability to see my on-line bill that I query. [ and the recent usage total though that can be obtained via the telephone 150 number. ]

However I am happy to wait now until I receive the paper bill that Leah has promised and trust that eventually BT will have a working on-line system

regards

john

Not sending the direct email as requested as the BT mail.btinternet.com server appears unreliable at the moment with continual authorisation error messages for all accounts and PC's here.  many tries required to log on. This seems to be fairly widespread according to posts on the bt.broadband.support newsgroup and has been ongoing since yesterday.

0 Ratings
Steve_Baker
Contributor
Message 50 of 59

And so it goes on.....

Landline info only upto 7th March.

Mobile still missing:

Error: Sorry, we are currently unable to present Billing and payments information.

Question to the Mods:

How are we supposed to monitor our data usage if we do not have access to the info and if I go over my 500mb data limit because I cannot monitor my usage will I be charged for the extra usage?

Dongle as above.

Steve
0 Ratings