cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver341
Expert
Message 10 of 59

Re: Unable to access on-line bills

I have now created a new login. I did this by changing the old (broken) username, and then creating a new username from scratch. When I login I get this message:

You'll be able to view billing details for this account within 48 hours.
If you can't see them after 48 hours, please use a different log-in or create a new profile.

However, the good news is that when I logging I now see the old "Welcome to your account" page instead of the "Upgrade to online billing" page. My fingers are now crossed!

Oliver.
0 Ratings
wrongnumber
Contributor
Message 11 of 59

Had same result as Oliver341.

>> My fingers are now crossed!<< Not sure  about that, and suggest legs might be more appropriate.Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
wrongnumber
Contributor
Message 12 of 59

Having creaated a new profile I got the "48 hour" message in the confirmation email.

I'm trying to resit the temptation of beliving that it's a rolling "48 hour message" but without choice to opt out.Man Mad

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 13 of 59

12 hours since I set the new account up, I'm still seeing the "please wait up to 48 hours" message. I had hoped the account would spring into life after an overnight account refresh or something like that. The old account is still broken in the usual way.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 14 of 59

Hi Folks

Sorry about this, we are aware of two problems with the online billing service and are investigating them as a priority.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
biltong
Message 15 of 59

I am also in the same boat - I cannot access online bills.  I have done the online chat thing, as well as emails, but still no further forward.  I now cannot pay my bill, as I don't know how much it is.

So, the question is - will I be charged for late payment, and will I be cut off if I haven't paid on time?

This is way beyond frustrating - and BT still has the cheek to bombard me with requests to sign up for their broadband package, as it's better than the competition...

Mmmm....

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 16 of 59

It's now 24 hours since I set up my online account and added the account number to it, and it is still telling me to wait for access. The old online account is still not showing bills, and the workaround still fails to work.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Steve_Baker
Contributor
Message 17 of 59

Interesting overnight development. I can now accesss my landline account 🙂 sadly though my mobile and dongle accounts now have no information available 😞

Like a drunk one step forward two steps back..........

Steve
0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 18 of 59

An update from me too. The new account is showing this:

--- start

Due to technical reasons we are currently unable to provide details for this account on our new billing system. We are working to make this available to you. In the meantime, if you require online access to this account we can arrange this for you, please click here to contact us. Our advisors will be happy to make the necessary changes.

If you have another account within your profile, you can view this by using the 'switch accounts' menu above.

--- end

When I have a bit more time I will contact them as suggested. The old account is not getting this new message, and the workarounds do not work on either account.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
jah
Message 19 of 59

I'm also having the same problem - I cannot pay my, now overdue, billl. I'm in the endless 'Upgrade your account' 'Already paperless' loop.

Oddly, today is the first time I've got into this loop because my previous attempts to pay were at the old www2.bt.com site and there I received a message that they 'could not process my payment at this time'.

Today, I was able to remove all of my saved payment methods (credit debit cards) and started afresh with my debit card, that went well and I was able to get as far as entering my 'Verified by Visa" code - it was at this point that I got an error message saying that I could not pay because my payment was already being processed and then I was on the new site and the endless loop began.

I'd like an assurance that the issues with the website will be taken into consideration and that I will neither be disconnected nor charged due to late payment.

I'd also like to be informed when the issue is rectified and I can log in and pay. Looking forward to an official response.

Edited to add:

Really don't want to get into BT bashing, but even this community site has problems - I'm editing this post to reinsert the line breaks which were stripped when I posted it - I use Firefox 3.6 with the NoScript add-on and this was blocking scripts from lithium.com - probably the cause of the stripped newlines, but come-on web devs, you should know much much better....

0 Ratings