cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Unable to access the BT Broadband speed test because of previously submitted, but "expired&

Sure, of course @XRaySpeX - here you go - 

entirecheck.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 16

Re: Unable to access the BT Broadband speed test because of previously submitted, but "expired&

OIC! No wonder you must have fibre. Your exchange can only supply ADSL Max for ADSL.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Aye, indeed   🙂

BTW - thanks to both of you for all the feedback today, it's appreciated   ^5s, Bill

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

don't think being cordless or corded phone will make any difference  there are no other sockets in other rooms?  if there more have you checked there is no dial tone just to make sure someone previously wired then incorrectly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Nah - it's all completely disconnected - here was theoriginal incoming junction box - the cables weren't even attached to the screw terminals, just some kind of "crimp" thing with a plastic cover....   I cut the two wires leading off into the internal wiring, and soldered onn two flying leads to go to theA and B terminals on my new NTE box - LOL

oldjunctionbox.jpg

So, since all I did was on "my side" of the wiring, I should be OK and not get my knuckles wrapped for interfering with BT equipment LOL....   Well, I wouldn;t have had to do this if OR hadn't missed the two promised appointments ! 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 16

Eh? That is BT equipment. BT's responsibility extends up to the master socket, either the hidden test socket if it has 1 or the front socket if it doesn't.

Are you saying you've installed your own NTE5 instead of an old LJU (Line Jack Unit)?