cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Unable to access webmail accounts

I would be grateful for help and advice from the community.

I am having trouble accessing my BT Yahoo Mail accounts.

My BT ID is ******@mac.com, because that is the email address I prefer to use for all my accounts with suppliers. 

But when I signed up with BT I was also given a *****primary@btinternet.com account. I had previously been with BT so already had a ******different@btinternet.com account. After some toing and froing a couple of years ago I was able to get this second account made into a subaccount of the primary one.

I only use these two accounts intermittently and when I tried to access the ******different@btinternet.com on webmail recently it did not recognise my password. I went through the forgotten password routine and entered the requested details (Post Code, Date of Birth and Mother’s Maiden Name – all of which I know I entered correctly) but it then directs me to customer help link which just gives me an array of help topics – none of which help me solve my problem. I then tried to access *****primary@btinternet.com via webmail and went through exactly the same process. I wanted to do this as I also wanted to check details of any other subaccounts I have registered.

So I figure (from having looked at posts relating a similar sort of experience) that it needs some intervention by BT but I can’t figure out from the help pages exactly how to seek that intervention.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to access webmail accounts

Have you tried using the Yahoo log on page

https://login.yahoo.com/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the  suggestion but yes I have tried that as well. 

My browser remembers the last password I used but I get an invalid ID or password message. If I then try to reset the password I just end up in the BT help section I mentioned in my original post. I have also tried logging in using another possible password but get the same message. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

As a new BT broadband user I have had no end of problems trying to get the servers to recognise me. My solution in the end was to find the page to change my email password only (not to change BTID password). When I had a new email password, I used my ***@btinternet to log in as the BTID (MyBT)  using my new email password. So far so good. I next created my *****@btinternet.com ID as the Primary ID (I had to have a pin number posted to me to do this). After entering the pin this, all worked fine. The BT helpfuls are still not clear about ID passwords and Mail passwords. It's taken me two weeks to get my phone, iPad and PC working with email clients rather than just with webmail. If you type my forum name and look for posts, you'll see where it was at. Hope this helps a bit. I'm not on a Mac, but of course my iPad is Apple and that is working perfectly now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for that suggestion. 

My BT ID password works just fine. I can log into my account and see all the stuff I need - bills, call records etc. It is just trying to login into my email accounts which is proving impossible. And (without wishing to sound ungrateful, because I am grateful) I don't want to change my BT ID to one of my btinternet.com addresses. I would rather just write off the two email addresses. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Have you tried using the forgotten password option here

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

@FedUpFred I'm sorry to see you're having issues accessing your BT email.  If you've tried resetting your password using the link @licquorice posted and still can't access your email please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details.

You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

You will see various threads regarding similar problems being experienced by others. After contacting BT myself many times and then seeing the outcome of somebody elses problem being looked at by the mods I reached the conclusion that the only guaranteed solution is not to use BT email at all. I say that on the basis that I have numerous email accounts and ther only one I EVER have a problem with is the BT one. The mods solution to another users problem was that it was probably caused by a virus. At that point I became extremely worried and stopped using my account on the basis of this 'virus' which is only able to attack my BT email account and no others. Obviously a security issue somewhere along the line but clearly BT have no intention of closing it, whatever it is.

0 Ratings