cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

Unable to activate My BT account

Just had my infinity 2 activated today (very, very happy with it BTW) but i have a problem activating the 'My BT' account associated with me.

I got the selection of emails you get when signing up (welcome, order No., and activate your My BT) and tried to activate the account via a link in said email and ran into an issue. It wanted an answer to a security question I had not provided! So I tried using the link on the activation page that said 'use your acct. no. instead'. It happily took me to a page, with my email already at the top, to fill in my details (name, pw, contact no., security question etc) which I filled in, hit continue and was told 'We can't activate your account because there was a technical issue, try again'. So i did...same result.

Phoned 0800 800 150 and eventually was sent another, identical, email asking me to activate my account....with all the same issues. That was last Thursday, when the final bit of advice was to wait until today (activation day) and try again. So, fully activated, having recieved the btcomms message to inform me all was OK with the line etc I tried again. Same result.

Phoned up again and got a very helpful girl who eventually passed me on to a rather grumpy bloke who was as much use as a chocolate teapot. The email he said he sent has never arrived.

Tried the online chat thingy. The helpful chap there sent me a link to the 'sign up to My BT' page which happily told me 'that email is already in use' when I tried to sign up again. So he 'passed it on to billing', who have been notable by their lack of anything in the last 3 hours.

I tried to be sneaky and give the web page my email and say i had forgotten my password, but it laughed at me and sent me another email identical to the previous ones i had saying i needed to activate my account.

So. I need to log in to actually give the database my security question answer. But I can only log in if i give the web page my security question answer. I am getting a tad dizzy now....HELP!!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to activate My BT account

Hi Moulie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings