cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davelurie
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unable to activate sim

Ordered new mobile from BT , arrived yesterday and unable to use contacted bt and was told sim needs activating and should be ok by this morning it's not ! Called BT again told its a system error and my order needs completing by the offline team so will have to wait till Monday for a call .
This is ridiculous when you get a new phone you expect to be able to use it out the box not to have issues , can anyone advise a faster way of sorting this issue out .
Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to activate sim

@Davelurie

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

You would normally do it via the online"activate my SIM" page, but yours may be different.

Have you logged into MyBT and gone to the page which allows you to manage your mobile?

If its an official company issued mobile, then its going to be different.

I have asked a moderator for advice.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Davelurie,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you haven't been able to use your new BT Mobile.

If you take a look at - How to get started with BT Mobile it will give you a few suggestions to try. 

I have also sent you a PM with regards to why your post was edited.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Davelurie
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I have tried on the website to activate sim , it's not a company/business phone it's my personal contract which I have taken out with BT , all I have been told is some ten needs to add it to my account.

i have received another text this morning saying phone sim activated need to turn off/ on to use data , tried this and still not working 

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

I successfully activated a family SIM today following the link supplied with the SIM card and logging into my account. I assume you are the account holder?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings