cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brad0025
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Unable to change Primary Account ID despite having been sent a pin number.

Hi I am amazingly frustrated. I have always been the primary account holder with BT - we have infinity and vision. About 18 months ago I added my mum's account as a secondary account so I could pay her bill for internet etc for her. Only now I am no longer the Primary BT account holder (despite all the money coming out of my bank account). So I found the only way to change this was to request a pin number via snail mail. This arrived and for the past week I have attempted to correct my 'status' with no success. 

I have been trying to access BT Sport online (which I subscribe to). It tells me only the Primary BT ID for this account can be used to watch BT sport online.

So I click on the option to 'set this as my Primary BT ID...' and all that happend is a getting a warning symbol that states 'Sorry, something has gone wrong. Please try again later'. I have been 'trying leter' for a week and finally beaten today phone BT to get help. The level 1 tecnical person took control of my laptop and some time later confessed that she had no idea what was going on and she would need to escalate this issue. Someone will allegedly ring me back in 24 - 48 hours. I won't be holding my breath due to past experience of this. 

So anyone anywhere have any clues - I have also gone at this another way where the online help asked if I had a pin mumber I should 'click here' to enter this to change the primary ID but this reulted in the same issue. Please anyone...help!! x

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DavidM
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to change Primary Account ID despite having been sent a pin number.

Hi brad0025,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'll take a look at this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
anthonyJ928
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I am having the same problem. I have had a BT phone line for years and just moved Broadband from another ISP to BT. All is working and I requested a pin through the post as the system wouldn't recognise me as the primary account holder. I try typing it in but just get "sorry, something has gone wrong, please try again later."

Anthony

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 6

Hi anthonyJ1928,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. If you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
anthonyJ928
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks, I have sent an e-mail.

Anthony

0 Ratings
Padington123
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I have recently set an BT ID for our place of work and because I did it on my laptop it has now become the primary ID for my own personal account. I don't mind the office ID being linked to mine, but I want mine to still be the primary one

What is the solution?

0 Ratings