Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jay_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Unable to change settings "My BT" Page

bt.jpg

My settings have been stuck like this since January.  I have had two online chats with bt support both promising to fix it.  They didn't.  What next??

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
DanielS
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to change settings "My BT" Page

Hi @jay_uk,

I'm sorry that it has been ongoing for so long, especially when the message says to give it 30 minutes. It's best if you get in touch with us so we can contact the team who deal with these types of issues. You can reach us by clicking on my user name. Afterwards, click on contact the mods and complete that web form. That'll send us through a trouble ticket which we will pick up within a couple of working days.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
jay_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks DanielS.  I have submitted the web form with a link to this topic.  I have missed a couple of calls from BT from an email support ticket that I raised.  It is pointless  for me to answer as there is nothing that I can do my end.  The issue is with BT.  The account settings are stuck.  Hopfully with this time they will be able to see the screen grab and fix it.  I however have my doubts as I also attached the image to an online help chat session but it seemed to be ignored.

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 4 of 9

We have had this issue and we did get it fixed but it took a while first it went to the offline team then to the back office then back to the offline team. What I can tell you is once you have this sorted if you have more than one line on the account DO NOT place a order to change a spend setting or parental control settings and then go to place another order on another line at the same time as the changes are going though. Always wait the thirty minutes for the spend settings to change before you place any form of order on another line as you will bring this error back I guarantee it. For now you can get your settings changed by phoning the mobile team as they have two ways to change it and even with this error there system can still manage to change it.
0 Ratings
jay_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

They phoned today, long story short, told the guy to read back through the last web chat I had with them, it's now been escalated to technical team. They will ring back in 6 days to see if resolved.

Thanks for the advice on not changing on a different line. I always wait at least 30 mins.
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Well my husband is on the phone ours error has returned. Don't need all this junk reoccurring. Bt need to sort there computer systems out
0 Ratings
StuartH
Message 7 of 9

@ruth554422

I can see you have been speaking with my colleague RobbieMac who has been chasing this for you. I will let him know the problem has returned.

Stuart

ruth554422
Expert
Message 8 of 9

My issue has been resolved for a second time. Just my smart talk issue to get sorted now. If it helps you out Stuart I'm happy for you to look at my account to see who resolved my issue because maybe you could send future issues and this persons issue to the same person as this guy or girl seams a expert in fixing this issue.

From Daniel. I'm the account holder posting this post from my wife's forum account.
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Tried it out and the error is back. What is wrong with bts computer
0 Ratings