Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jillity
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Unable to connect laptop to BT hub

Go to solution
I want to connect another laptop to my BT hub. I've checked that wifi is turned on and I've been to the network and sharing center in Windows 7 and manually set up the connection to a wireless network. I've input the name of the hub, the security type, encryption type and the network security key but the laptop just won't connect. All I get is the message that no connections are available. The hub works fine with the desktop pc, two other laptops, ipad and Windows phones. Can anyone help. Am I missing something?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to connect laptop to BT hub

Go to solution

You should not need to do all that. If you go to where the wireless connection is showing at the bottom right of your task bar. Click on it. It wil bring up all the wireless networks that your laptop can see. 

Find the one that has your Homehub name. Click on it and enter the wireless passkey that is on the Homehub label and tick the box "connect automatically". You laptop should then connect.

0 Ratings
Jillity
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

This is the problem.  It's not bringing up my wireless network.  It sometimes brings up another wireless network but not mine.  It's also brought up Sky and BT Fon but not my hub.  It should be simple.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Try ONE factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. Then go through the set up process again.

0 Ratings
Jillity
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you.  The factory reset seems to have worked. 

0 Ratings