cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danoid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Unable to connect to hotspots

I've absolutely NO idea what BT is doing here, but i'll explain my situation anyway.

I log into BT with an ID, I then scroll down to BT Wi-Fi which asks me to login again (well i've just logged into bt....) it asks for an email address, but I do not have a BT email address only a hotmail one.

When typing in my CORRECT details when trying to connect to a hot spot, it keeps saying "enter in your correct details" well last week my details worked fine (for a day albeit)

So the question is, why is it no longer working, why do I have to login again to check my bt wifi, i don't have a bt email address, so does that mean i cannot get to hotspots?

and lastly why is it so awkward for something that should be so simple

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to connect to hotspots

First of all try this page from home, to see if you are registered.

BT Wifi - Check Your Status

You will need your Primary btinternet e-mail address and password. These are the same ones you would need to access a BT Wifi hotspot when away from home.

0 Ratings
Danoid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

When logging into bt.com it only displays my hotmail email address, I don't think I even have a BT email address.  Is there a way to find it somewhere on the BT website?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

I assume that you must be connecting to your normal home hub SSID at the moment, and not BT Wifii, otherwise you would not be able to get to the BT Home Page?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

If you are a BT broadband customer you will have been given  BT email address when you first joined. It will have been sent to you along with the other correspondence you received. It is your primary email address and password. It is what you need to use to log into BTWifi hotspots.

If you don't have it or have forgotten it you will need to contact BT and ask them to resend you it. 

0 Ratings