Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yellowbeard
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Unable to download BT NETPROTECT PLUS

Can anyone please help?

Unable to download BT Netprotect Plus. Message says "Your download cannot continue because either there's a problem with your internet connection or the Mcafee download service is unavailable." (Been going on for days.)

I am using windows xp home edition, version 2002 service pack3, on an old computer, circa 2006, (I know, don't judge me!) which has 1.96 GB of Ram and sufficient free space on the hard drive and the current version of Mozilla Firefox.

Thought I'd try the forum as unable to find anywhere on the BT site to ask for advice.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to download BT NETPROTECT PLUS

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't bother - McAfee is bad enough at the best of times and there's a real likelihood that it would knacker your computer's performance. Stick with what you've got unless you're paying for antivirus, in which case switch to Windows Defender or one of the several free downloads available which are preferable to McAfee.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

@pottyperson wrote:

McAfee is bad enough at the best of times and there's a real likelihood that it would knacker your computer's performance.

Oh so true. Sadly, I have had similar experience with Kaspersky, a freebie from my bank.

Yellowbeard
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Pottyperson, will look into that.  (Meanwhile, would still be nice to know if there is an answer to that annoying error message)

0 Ratings