Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahlucy1982
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Unable to get broadband, please help...

Hi there

We have tried to order a BT phone line and broadband package with yourselves various times and have had a couple of visits from engineers however each time there have been various reasons why they have been unable to install a phone line, on the last visit we were told that we would have to have a BT telegraph pole installed in the field near our house, which we would have to pay for. In the end we decided that it was not worth the hassle and forgot about it. However we have now decided to try asking here if someone would be able to take on our case and see if there is something you can do to help us.

For your information, we live in a rural area but our nearest neighbours around 1/4 mile away have a phone line and broadband connection.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to get broadband, please help...

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read,

however I will ask a moderator to see if they can give you some guidance.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach would have to do a survey, which you would have to pay for.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

If you have posted such information, then please edit your post, and delete it.
Thanks

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to get broadband, please help...

Hi sarahlucy1982,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings