cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveFP
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Unable to get new line activated - 5 weeks of delay - please help me

Please help me as I cannot get any help from BT about getting a line and broadband activated. I am very frustrated.

On May 1st I placed an order for a new line connection plus broadband for a new built flat we purchased in North London for son and friends. They are all students so need broadband urgently.

BT said line would be activated on Thursday 17th May. I went to flat and waited on 17th. No engineer and no contact.

Called BT who said engineer could not come because it was a new line and work was needed by new line team. This work would be comepleted by end of Monday 21st May. Called BT on Tuesday 22nd May - they said work not completed.

On Thursday 24th May saw BT Openreach in building. Asked one of the engineers about line activation. He said all the work had been done and all that was needed was for an engineer to visit flat - he checked lines in the building. Called BT  who said Openreach said work was needed externally and would be completed by 29th May at the latest.

Local engineer said work was not needed. He spoke to BT

BT ignored my comments and his.

On 28th BT send sms message to me saying apologies and work was no on track. All issues resolved and to contact them on 29th.

Called them on 29th - - no update but said that Openreach would probably activate the line from the exchange without visiting flat and that this would probably be done by 19:00hrs on 29th.

Called them on 30th (today) and first they said no update but when pressed to speak to Openreach they said a new update would be issued on 7th June as Openreach were still working on an issue - lines to block of flats.

I don't believe them  and wonder if I should cancel the line and start again. I cannot get anyone to tell me what the problem is and why other flats in the same building have new connections and my flat cannot.

I don't know who to  contact now to get help on this urgent matter  as I cannot contact Openreach myself but local engineer says all is fine and that BT should just request Openreach to activate line.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to get this resolved urgently.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to get new line activated - 5 weeks of delay - please help me

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or  Contact BT 

If you are unable to resolve this then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

DaveFP
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to get new line activated - 5 weeks of delay - please help me

Thank you Keith

I have now contacted the BT Care Team as I have not been able to get my problem resolved using Contact BT or Live Chat.
0 Ratings