cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsndll
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Unable to guarantee recording

Yesterday I called BT to cancel my £10 per month TV subscription. The operator offered to reduce the price to £6.50, but I said I didn't watch any of the extra channels so didn't need it.

She then said I could cancel the subscription but that recording would no longer be guaranteed if I did cancel. This worried me so I agreed to renew.

Thinking it over what did that mean, what's the guarantee? Can I claim something back if a programme doesn't record, or does the YouView box suddenly get less reliable because I'm no longer paying? Or is it just a cheeky sales trick?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
StewM
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to guarantee recording

Hi, did you look here?

Stew

0 Ratings
rsndll
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Yes, I did look there. But that doesn't mention anything about guaranteeing recordings.

She didn't say the box would stop working, just that recording would no longer be guaranteed.

Hence my question.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

The link above gives the true functions of the box after cancellation. You were misled into renewing a subscription. If you cancel BT TV your Youview box will still work enabling you to view AND record from the Freeview channels WITHOUT subscription. I would follow this up with BT if I were you as you the person you spoke to was not being truthful with you.

0 Ratings