cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Unable to leave BT, ORDI problem.

Go to solution

Recently signed up with plusnet, mainly due to the unexpected arrival of an FTTC cabinet on my EO line.

PN are apparently unable to progress an order due to "the order has been rejected by our suppliers due to a mismatch of data on the address records."

PN say I need to contact BT to ask you to ensure that the phone number and postcode are correctly matched.

PN also say they need you to update the ORDI with the above information before they can attempt a transfer.

I would appreciate it if someone could help out, or at least suggest the best way of resolving the issue. TVM.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to leave BT, ORDI problem.

Go to solution
Just to add a bit more info.

Checking my postcode on the openreach fibrechecker (instead of my LL number) shows a number of possible addresses at the postcode, but two of them are listed as being connected to a cabinet on a different exhange over 15 miles away which cannot possibly have the same postcode.

Looks like somebodies database is a bit untidy...
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JandRoo

Welcome and thanks for posting!

Sorry to see you're having problems.  Are your services with BT at the moment?  That's the only way we would be able to give you a hand from here I'm afraid.

Something else for you to check: Is your address correct with Royal Mail?

Post back and let me know.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Robbie, yes my broadband and phone are currently with BT, hence the thread title Smiley Wink

My Address/postcode is correct in the PAF.

Though there a number of spurious entries in the openreach fibre checker for my postcode.

I am in a very rural area, so no possibility of confusion over which exchange I am on or anything like that.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Haha whoops completely missed that Smiley Embarassed

In that case, send us over your details and we'll arrange for this to be updated.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

When you are completing the form can you also include the correct address format as listed on >> Royal Mail's website << please?

Cheers,

Robbie

Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Well I emailed Robbie yesterday, and by strange coincidence I now have a completely dead line, as of sometime this morning.

Have reported it as a landline fault on the online system, it reckons there is a fault outsidey home...
Will wait and see how that goes, posting this on the patchiest of mobile signals with the phone balanced on the window 😞
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JandRoo Hope you phone service is back working ok now. I've picked up your case and it looks like someone else has previously contacted Openreach to get the address updated. Their records are now showing your correct address and you should be able to arrange your transfer now.

Cheers
John

Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Took till Monday evening for openreach to reconnect my line, about to start another thread on that one...

However my ORDI details are sorted and I have been able to start the order process, thank you.

0 Ratings