Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wobblyphil
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Unable to log in

Go to solution

SWBO cannot log on due to reasons unknown. My son and I can log onto the  BTYahoo homepage no problems and use the Internet OK. Margaret's PC is running Win 7 SP1 64bit with 8mb RAM and scores 6.8 on the WinExperience program. Hard drive transfer rate scores 6.8, all other scores are 7.2. Running IE 10 with MSE and Malwarebytes sorting the rum uns out, they both report no problems after scanning.

We all use different user names and passwords to log on. Margaret and I both use *****.btopenworld.com with John using ****.btinternet.com to log on. I have not received any e-mails on how to migrate to bt.com. Could this be the problem?

Hopefully the above makes sense.

regards Phil

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to log in

Go to solution

You do not need to logon to use the Internet. As long as the computer is switched on and connected to the homehub by either Ethernet cable or wireless you should be able to just open up Internet Explorer and browse. Are you all using the same PC or is Margaret using a different one?

If you are unable to logon to the BTYahoo page to check your email make sure that you are using the correct logon details.  It should be something like xxxxxx@btinternet.com  or xxxxxx@btopenworld.com note the @ not a dot as you have shown. You also obviously need to use your password.  

You have not received any notification from BT about the migration because it has not started yet or at least at not started to the point that you need do anything.

0 Ratings
JohnHatter
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I got an email from BT today telling me to log in by clicking a link to upgrade to new service.

The worry is I dont know if it's really from BT the senders email is <*****> does that look real?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Nope, doesn't sound right to me. Is that the email address that is showing when you hover your mouse over it? Regardless do not click on any links in the email at present.

See this link about phishing emails

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9191/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzc4MjA1MDkxL3NpZC84dE5G...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12765

0 Ratings
JohnHatter
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Hi, I received a personal mail from BT following my post and I've sent what I received onto them. It appears it wasnt genuine.
0 Ratings
wobblyphil
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Problem solved by letting ComboFix loose on Margaret's PC. Not sure what it was but MSE and Malwarebytes could not find it. PC now happily running Facebook. We have hers and his PCs. I have the Captain Slow one and Margaret's is related to Billy Whiz.

Thanks for all your responses.

regards Phil

0 Ratings