cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Unable to log into BT Yahoo Mail. Error Message: "Insecure Connection"

Go to solution

I am currently unable to log in to my BT Yahoo web mail account. My normal process is to log in via the BT Mail log in page using Firefox. This normally redirects me to my BT Yahoo Mail account but as soon as the redirect occurs at the moment, it shows the following error message instead of giving me access to my email account.

Insecure Connection

Your Connection is not secure

The owner of login.yahoo.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

I cleaned out cookies and tried logging in using Internet Explorer but this made no difference. I have changed nothing about how I log in (using Firefox -> https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform -> my BT Yahoo web mail account.)

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to log into BT Yahoo Mail. Error Message: "Insecure Connection"

Go to solution
Forgot to mention that I googled for this issue and also looked through your BT Yahoo troubleshooting section on this forum but have found nothing.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi,

Are you able to download Chrome and try on there?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Sorry for delay in replying. I discovered that the underlying problem was that the hard drive was failing. I have now replaced it and am back up and running with no problems and can access email normally.

Thanks.

0 Ratings