Did you mean: 
dickiebird73
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Unable to log on to openzone or BT FON

Go to solution

Would welcome any help!

Unable to logon to openzone or register with BT FON :-

I suspect the reason is because My e-mail address is down as a sub account under my ex-partners Primary account. As i now have my own Bt account at my new address is it possible to make my sub account the primary account which then presumably allow me access to BT FON and openzone?

Thanks in anticipation       

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unable to log on to openzone or BT FON

Go to solution
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You are correct, access is via primary user name and e mail address.

Sub accounts at the moment can't gain access.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

If you have your own BT broadband account, then you would have been given your own primary e-mail account.

If you use this to register for FON, then you should be able to use other hotspots.

If you do not have your own BT broadband account, then you can still use FON on a pay-and-go basis by buying vouchers.

Your existing sub account e-mail is "owned" by your ex-partner, and could easily be deleted, so it would be better to use your own primary account, if you have one.

0 Ratings
dickiebird73
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi

I have my own BT broadband account and the sub account that is owned by My ex-partner is my primary account when  logging onto Broadband. I neeed if its possible to make the "owned"  sub account my Primary account. I'm very concerned that she can cancel/delete the sub account .        

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Why login via a sub a/c when you have your own bb a/c?

Id ask for the sub a/c to be deleted.
AQ.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
I cannot see how a sub account e-mail can also be the same as your primary account.

When you applied for your own BT Broadband account, you would have been asked to choose a new e-mail address. This could NOT be one which had already been allocated.
You would have also been asked for an alternative e-mail address for BT to contact you regarding your order. I suspect that it was this address that may be getting confused with.
Can you remember the e-mail address you chose when you created your order?
You were probably given a selection of possibilities from a drop-down list.

It is easy to check if an address is your primary one.
If you log into BT Yahoo webmail interface, and select account details, it will tell you the name of the primary account holder.

You will also not get the option to create any sub accounts.

I would contact BT and tell them that you have forgotten the e-mail address of your primary account, and ask if they could remind you.

You may also find it on any paperwork or e-mail that they sent you when you ordered your broadband.
0 Ratings
dickiebird73
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks problem solved

Rang BT and found out that my sub account e-mail address and my actual primary account address are extremely similar just a couple of full stops that no longer exist!! So thanks I am now able to register with BT FON and have succesfully   used openzone on my mobile.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

It often happens!

I would suggest that you migrate your e-mail correspondence from the old sub account, to your new account.

You can set up your old secondary e-mail account so that it will forward all e-mail to your new account. This will carry on working unless you ex-partner deletes the account.
Its probably a good idea to do this ASAP. Select "options" while logged into your old secondary account. There is a section for POP and forwarding.

It would be better to create yourself a new sub account which is associated with you own Primary account, and keep the primary account just for administration purposes, and for logging into FON.

The reason for this, is that you cannot change your primary e-mail account, should you get problems with spam. But you can always create a new secondary account.

If you need any more help, then this forum is the place to come.

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Good post Keith.
AQ.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dickiebird73
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thankyou

Will take your advice and setup as suggested.

Once again many thanks for the help and advice Smiley Very Happy  

0 Ratings