cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unable to order FTTC - Openreach Error?

I currently have standard ADSL provided by BT but would like to upgrade to Infinity. The nearest cabinet to my house has the poster saying it is fibre enabled. But when I try and place an order on the BT site for Infinity it says my property cannot receive fibre. I believe this to be incorrect as I know from speaking to my adjacent neighbours on both sides that they are able to receive fibre.

Also when checking on the BT Wholesale site with my address it shows that the property can receive fibre But if I search by telephone number the Wholesale site says I cannot receive fibre . Also from checking it appears that there is an address an file for my postcode that is missing part of the address and shows as not being fibre supported. 

Also as you can see "Cabinet 27" is used by both the address search and the phone number search but they give back differing results?

From reading other similar stories online it appears that I may have an Openreach database error.

Can someone please advise? 
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to order FTTC - Openreach Error?

can you post results from checker using phone number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Please remember not to show your phone number or address this time Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I can see what you mean.

only the mods will be able to help you  they will post a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi Rickrock87,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings