cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilliman
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Unable to order Infinity and getting the run-around from the phones.

Hi All,

Bit of a weird one, but hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

First of all, I will state that according to the website and all the agents I have spoken to, I can receive Infinity at my property.

Recently, I moved house into a brand new property. At my last property I had Infinity installed and was receiving a great service. When I moved into my new property, the guys on the phone at BT informed me that I could not order broadband until I had a working phoneline- I ordered a phoneline, which had to be installed/connected by an engineer. I was happy with this, knowing that I could order broadband as soon as it was installed. The installation day came and went, the phoneline was installed and I could make and receive calls. This is where the frustration started- I phoned again to ask for Infinity to be ordered, which they did- however needed to book an engineer to come out once again. The person on the phone informed me that there was an error on the system and that I would receive a call the following day from someone confirming a date for the engineer visit. This never happen, so about two days later I called back, the person apologised and tried to place the order again, again informing me that there was an error on the system. They suggested that I should order standard broadband because sometimes with new properties it helps the address become registerd with whoever book the engineers for Infinity, this seemed strange- but I went with and ordered standard broadband. The connection day came and I arrived home that evening to find the modem all lit up and access to the internet via my computer. So, I once again called BT to place an order for Infinity, but as before there was some kind of error booking the engineer and the told me I would receive a call the following day, to which I didn't. This happened a further 2-3 times, to which yesterday I called again and informed them that I was being promised calls from people to book the engineer but no one ever called, so could I please have the direct number, which they refused informing me that they did not have a direct number. So I waited again, which brings us to today where I have still not received a phonecall from anyone to book this engineer and everytime I call they try to reorder Infinity, receive this mysterious error, promise me a call back (which never happens), then repeat the entire process when I call them back.

It's getting really frustrating now and I'm sick of calling them because as I know what they are going to try to do and I know that it's going to fail because of this error message, whatever it is... All I want to do is order BT Infinity, which according to the website and all the BT agents I have spoken to is available at my property. Can anyone please advise me?

Many thanks,

Matt

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to order Infinity and getting the run-around from the phones.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 4

Hi Lilliman,

Thanks for posting. I can take a look at this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Lilliman
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thank you both, I have followed the above instructions and sent a message with the details.

0 Ratings