Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xSpirit
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Unable to place new order online Ref# CON-0067

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

So BT can be PITA before you even become their customer, not good, not good... What shocks me is that people have been reporting this issue for years and it's still ongoing Smiley Surprised

So I'm trying to place a new order for BT Infinity Unlimited as a new customer. After going through "Personal Details" page (name etc.) BT page takes me to this:

"Sorry...

There's been a technical error – but you can still place your order online.

To order a Broadband and Calls package with optional TV, click here
To add BT TV to your existing BT broadband package, click here
To order a BT Mobile plan, click here
To order a new phone line, click here
To switch your calls back to BT Click here

Ref# CON-0067"

OK, so I start Online Chat, explain the problem and assistant calls me to my mobile and transfers to another department. Another assistant tells me he doesn't know what the problem is about and he can't match online deal.

SO, after spending two minutes researching online I found that this error is related to incorrect addressing. When I put my post code while making a new order, there was a list of addresses I could choose from and list was repeated twice. So this time I pick my address by choosing from a second list and then it tells me this:

"We're sorry, but you can't get BT Infinity at the moment because of where you live. But here are some other great broadband deals you can definitely have."

I choose a simple broadband instead of Infinity and this time I'm able to process my order OK, no "Ref# CON-0067" error. I know I can have Infinity in my property as I'm on a fibre now.

Any sollutions here or I'll just have to stick with Sky?

Thanks!
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Unable to place new order online Ref# CON-0067

Go to solution

Just to say that if you end up having to place the order on the phone I don't think you will qualify for the current 'reward card' offer of £100

xSpirit
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks pal, I'm aware of that, if I find no solution by Friday I'll just renew with Sky instead.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

PaddyB
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @xSpirit,

I'm sorry that you've had problems placing your order online. You are correct in that the CON -0067 does relate to an address matching error. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
xSpirit
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
Just for everyone to know - BT called me today and the lady promised she would help me to place my order which I can not do myself due to their system glitch. It all ended with "Unfortunately, I cannot match online deal etc. etc." - she can't help with advertised £100 cash back. So it looks like no BT for me... I just can't believe companies nowadays are allowed false advertising.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Was this a BT cashback, or one via a third party website?

You are likely to have this problem with other ISPs as well, as it will be an Openreach database issue.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @xSpirit,

Does you address match the Royal Mail site?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
xSpirit
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Yes, address matches Royal Mail website.

Contacted openreach about my problem, hopefully this will get sorted at some point.

0 Ratings
xSpirit
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

OK, so OpenReach says this:

"The address that Openreach has for me is incorrect and my order cannot be progressed until this is resolved.  How can I report this?

Your service provider needs to raise this with Openreach so please contact them."

The situation does not look good to me here - service providers will send me to Openreach, Openreach will say to contact service providers.

IMO Openreach should set up a simple webpage where problematic addresses could be submitted by people themselves, problem solving in this case could easily be made automatic or almost automatic.

0 Ratings