cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nabz024
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Unable to place order online

I recently placed an order via the BT webstie than saw an advert on a cashback site for the same deal plus cash back so I cancelled the initial order.

Now when I try to order via the cashback site or directly via BT I get the following message BT error.JPG

I have spoken to the sales team and online chat both have said I do not have an account.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to place order online

Hi @Nabz024 I'm confused by your problem. Is the prices shown different to what was originally offered? 

0 Ratings
Nabz024
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

My inital order was placed and cancelled a few weeks ago.
0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 8

The message says you have your services with another company at the moment and you are currently not a bt customer. that confirms what bt advised when you spoke with them  You need to pick what package you want, either the "lite" or the infinity 2 one. 

Did you originally want infinity 2 when you first signed up direct with bt? I would think the cash back offer is associated with the infinity 2 package.

0 Ratings
Nabz024
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I have just moved into the flat and do not currently have a phone line or broadband
0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Ok I see now. That still should not be a problem with the order. Have you tried picking an option and continuing through. As bt will issue you with a phone number. Has your new flat got a phone socket in the premises or do you require a new line? Which could be the case if the flat is a recently converted house, purpose built I would think it should already a line to the premises. Either way it can all be done.
What is happening when you try and progress with the order?
0 Ratings
Nabz024
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for your reply, I have tried to summarise my issue below.

• I haved moved into a flat that is not a new build and has a phone socket already installed.
  • When I try and place an order as a new customer after I enter my address I am directed to the page above.
  • I do not want to join BT if I can not have advertised online tarif and discount card.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Nabz024,

Did you manage to get your order placed? If not, give the Order Live Chat team and try as they'll be able to help.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings