cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfh2461
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Unable to play online games for 5 weeks.

For the last 5 weeks i have been unable to play world of warcraft/starcraft 2/Hearthstone/and Diablo 3 it doesnt matter what time of day it is it simply logs into the gaem lasts about 20 seconds then lags out and disconnect me. This has also happened to me on the last 2 weekends during the elder scrolls online beta weekends the 2 before the most recent weekends worked fine but the last to kept logging me in then lagging out to disconnection. I am absolutley fed up of contacting BT support via phone and being told you do not block or throttle anything on my coonnection as after extensive and repeated talks with blizzard ctechnical support staff and sending them path pings/traceroutes, etc i have been told the issue is my IP blocking the server, etc. I would like this fixed ASAP as 5 weeks of being unable to play online games when i only pay for the connection to play online game is absurd and really bad customer service. \elder scrolls online also releases this coming sunday and if that is yet another game i cant play i will be switching ISP's as this is unacceptable service for £44 a month. FYI when calling your BT support staff each time they have told me there is nothing wrong and they do not block/throttle my connection i dont believe this for a second as i have had this isse in the past at my old address on normal BT internet and you did the same thing.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
runamonk
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to play online games for 5 weeks.

There have been issues with ubisoft games but so far no issues for me with Landmark or ESO.

What are your line stats?

0 Ratings
sfh2461
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Connectiojn speed always seems to stay at 45mb down and 14mb upload Im on the highest Infinity unlimited package
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

0 Ratings
sfh2461
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I appreciate the link, but it seems to be 41 pages of problesm with no working fixes/solutions - have BT said if they are doing anything to fix this as 5 weeks of this **bleep** is far too much considering the price we pay.

0 Ratings
runamonk
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Have you tried doing any pings or tracerts to the servers in question?

Have you tried a vpn just to see if that's the issue?

Are you using wired or wireless?

If wireless have you tried changing the wireless channels?

Have you tried totally uninstalling any firewalls and/or antivirus you have installed?

0 Ratings
sfh2461
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I have done everythign except try a VPN as i have no idea what im doing with it.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

The reason I posted the link was to show you the extent of the problem and that it is most likely not a problem with your equipment or set up which should save you trying to sort it out at your end.

0 Ratings