Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doolz666
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Unable to play online games

Hello all,

So I've had BT broadband since I moved to this flat 6 months ago, and the connection is horrible. Speed is not the problem but major packet loss is. I have repeatedly contacted BT support who have been very helpful and understanding, who have verified there is a problem on the line and tell me they'll fix it, then proceed to try and fix it, only for the problem to come back shortly afterwards.

Whilst most browsing is seemingly unaffected (a page may take slightly longer to load then normal) playing online FPS is nigh impossible where a stable connection is necessary. Can the community recommend any other things I can do to try and fix the problem, to make sure its not something I can fix (cos BT ARE USELESS). The issue seems to come and go, The last few weeks have actually been OK, but the last couple of days its been ridiculous.

I have a BT hub 4, which is physically wired to my computer for gaming purposes.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to play online games

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more 

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs 

Lines should look like this

19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings