cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidM
Message 11 of 18

Re: Unable to receive incoming calls from local area - porting problem? Mods help please!

Go to solution

Hi @Michaels10,

I've been trying to contact you following the engineer visit. Was he able to get this sorted for you? Can you let me know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Michaels10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Re: Unable to receive incoming calls from local area - porting problem? Mods help please!

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM,

The engineer believes that the problem is now fixed. I will try phoning our number tomorrow from a relative's house just to make sure and let you know.

Many thanks for your help.

Micahels10

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back @Michaels10. Please do let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

@Michaels10 wrote:

Hi @DavidM,

The engineer believes that the problem is now fixed. I will try phoning our number tomorrow from a relative's house just to make sure and let you know.

Many thanks for your help.

Micahels10

Hi.

As a matter of interest, did the engineer actually do anything, or tell you what the issue was?

As you described it, the problem is a missing code translation in your local exchange in order to port the number. Anyone dialling your number who was on that exchange would fail without this translation - but anyone else, including mobile, would get through fine.

The code translation is purely a software fix, no hardware involved.

0 Ratings
Michaels10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Hi, 

The engineer checked the equipment in my home and found no faults and also told us that it was not a porting problem.He then went to the local exchange and reported that that our local area dialling code had been blocked along with known nuisance numbers which are routinely blocked by BT.

Michaels10.

0 Ratings
Michaels10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

@DavidM Hi DavidM, 

I'm very pleased to say that the problem is now fixed and I am finally able to receive local calls. Many thanks for your help in resolving the issue.The engineer who came out to us was very polite and helpful as well; unfortunately I do not recall his name. 

Michaels10

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Michaels10,

Thanks for posting. That's fantastic news. I'm really glad the engineer was able to get this sorted for you. I'll go ahead and close things off at my side but if there are any other problems please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
You can Thank an OpenReach Engineer here: https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0a0e0c

Even if you don't know their name. 🙂
Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"