cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Unable to receive text messages

Hi all. I had spent most of the day yesterday on the phone to BT. I couldn't use my data, couldn't receive calls (when anyone tried to ring, they'do be greeted with the message that they have dialled an incorrect number) and couldn't receive text messages.

The data and call issues are now sorted but still cannot receive text messages. Over 2 days now without text messages being received, and no solution can be offered.

BT say everything is fine on their systems. I have attempted a factory reset of my new device, just to make sure that I had not set up my device/selected incorrect settings for my sim but nothing that stands out to me.

Frustrating since isn't one of the purposes of a mobile phone is being able to send/receive text messages?

Just appear to have had a multitude of issues since registering the sim and porting over my number since Wednesday evening - with most now resolved.

Can anyone shed a light on any other methods I could try to finally be able to receive text messages?

Many thanks
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to receive text messages

Try your sim in another phone, If it's the same in the other phone then it's your sim. If they say everything looks fine id get a replacement SIM sent out to rule out the actual sim card . If still doesn't work then it's their system
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

My phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) uses a nano sim and the only other person I know who uses a nano sim is my boyfriend, but he is on EE and the phone isn't unlocked.
I have read up online about people who have had the same issues, and have said that replacement sims don't seem to help, but could always try to rule out that as a problem.

Thank you for your response.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Can anyone please confirm the messaging centre number? Just want to make sure it is the right one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Well something that may help you, in the likes of pound shops they sell sim card adapters so they can fit into a micro / standard size phone.. of course they sell these in phone shops too but are generally a few quid more . And I don't know the centre number sorry
0 Ratings