Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garff1e
Beginner
Message 1 of 45

Unable to record Bt sport on Youview

Go to solution
Hi all just to let you know after spending 2hours on the phone to bt I have found out that BT don't expect to be able to record bt sport on Youview until next year, so much for a few weeks. They want to charge me to swap my Youview box for a bt vision box. That's not going to happen. I'd rather run my contract own and end my 18 years of being a bt customer.
44 REPLIES 44
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 45

Re: Unable to record Bt sport on Youview

Go to solution

@Garff1e wrote:
Hi all just to let you know after spending 2hours on the phone to bt I have found out that BT don't expect to be able to record bt sport on Youview until next year, so much for a few weeks. They want to charge me to swap my Youview box for a bt vision box. That's not going to happen. I'd rather run my contract own and end my 18 years of being a bt customer.

It'll be here long before year end. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 45

Go to solution

Hi all

Just to clarify, you can't record BT Sport or Extra TV channels on YouView yet but we expect this functionality to be available in the Autumn.

Cheers

Nigel

BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 45

Go to solution
So it's gone from a few weeks after the launch of BT Sport to Autumn. Seems like another failure to hit internal targets by YouView, they really are becoming a bit of a joke!
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 45

Go to solution

Autumn is from 22 September so can be anytime after that

0 Ratings
Highlighted
melbeams
Beginner
Message 6 of 45

Go to solution
And now 2nd November and I am unable to record bt sport on my youview box. Any update on this?
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 45

Go to solution
it still autumn until 21st December
0 Ratings
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 45

Go to solution
Also, I think that the "autumn" promise ought to be assumed to be as reliable as the "few weeks after launch" promise!

The deafening silence isn't doing BT any favours here. Especially with the launch of even more unrecordable channels - someone definitely has their priorities back to front!
Leebool
Contributor
Message 9 of 45

Go to solution
We should get a refund as the goods aren't as described.
0 Ratings
iwatts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 45

Go to solution

I was promised by a manager last week that the update would be done by October the 31st, and if it wans't out by then I would get a phone call o November 1st to arrange a free BT Vision Box. No update, no phonecall. Typical BT.

I have just stated a new post on this but they have deleted it. I can't find it anyway.