cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Unable to record Motors TV ?

Go to solution

I set a recording of a programme on motors TV (channel 240) for early in the morning (06:00). When I checked it said "recording failed". Thinking it was just an intermittent failure, I set my Youview box to record the programme again the next morning, but the same thing happened.

Now, when I want to watch motors, i have to press the red button and wait for the programme to load - it looks like it runs some sort of app ? Whilst this is running I cannot switch to any other channel - I have to "close" the app which closes Motors TV.

I suspect, this is why my recording fails as the channel is not "loaded" it cannot record it ? This doesn't happen on other  internet channels that I watch (ID for example).

Any ideas ? 

Mark.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to record Motors TV ?

Go to solution

Try recording it on Channel 71 where it is a straightforward freeview channel

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Nice idea, but my local transmitter does not broadcast Motors TV - I have no channel 71 😞

The Reigate (Surrey, England) mast is not one of the extended Freeview HD (COM7 and COM8) transmitters, it does not provide these high definition (HD) channels: 4seven HD, Al Jazeera Arabic, Al Jazeera Eng HD, BBC Four HD, BBC News HD, CBeebies HD, CBS Reality +1, Channel 4+1 HD, Community Channel, Motors TV, mov4men+1, TalkingPictures TV, VIVA.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

A few internet channels provided by Arquiva are available by Red button activation on Youview - they are not provided by BT,  the technology used and facilities available  for these channels is different -

see

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/arqiva-launches-range-of-channels-on-youview

and

http://www.arqiva.com/home/connect-tv-faqs.html

specifically the Arquiva statement-

Can I record these channels on my PVR?

Freeview HD and YouView devices do not support the recording of these channels and so you are unable to record them to the hard drive of a PVR.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ah, that explains it !

Thanks for the information & links.

0 Ratings