cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wobbly1
Message 1 of 9

Unable to register BT WIFI app

I am trying to register the BT WIFI app on my iphone but it is failing at step 1. I get the message 'You must be a Broadband customer to use BT Wi-fi. See our packages at bt.com'. As I am a broadband customer I am confused by this & am looking for help

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to register BT WIFI app

Make sure you are using your primary email address and password.

0 Ratings
Dayden
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I am having the same problem. I first joined BT with a dial up account (pay as you go) many years ago, then I switched to a adsl account (BT Broadband), before leaving for BE Broadband. Now I am back with BT on the Infinity option 2 package and am having said problem logging in to BT WiFi. I have always kept the same E-mail address throughout my time using the internet (the one given to me with the pay as you go package). I don't known if this could be the problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

When you signed up again with BT Infinity they would probably have given you a new email address. It would either have been sent on an email or included in the paper bumf they sent you. If you can not find it, contact Live Chat with your account number and ask if they can either give you your email address or send it to by post.

If they are able to give it to you, you can have it linked to your old email address to make life easier for you.

Link to Live Chat

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Did you not get a new btinternet email address when you came back to bt for infinity

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dayden
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Small update

I spoke to the person on livechat and he gave me my primary e-mail address, so I just tried it and still no luck. So both of the e-mail addresses don't work. Just to let you know the e-mail address I'm using now, you know the one from all those years ago right from the very start works for everything except BT Wi-fi.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Check that your are opted in to BTWifi

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon

0 Ratings
Dayden
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Authentication failed. Invalid username or password. Tried all addresses and passwords.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Try the BTWifi help desk. They should be able to authenticate your email address

https://www.btwifi.co.uk/contact/index.jsp

0 Ratings