Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Unable to remove barring of international calls

Go to solution

Good afternoon,

I accidently selected the option for barring international and premium calls on my landline when going for an upgrade of my phone line 2/3 weeks ago. The order went live on 29 June and ever since, I have only had a flat tone after placing a foreign call. I can place calls within the UK and receive calls from the UK and abroad. I have called BT several times to try and remove that option as well as placed new orders online myself that deselected this option, however nothing has happened (new orders only show as opened and when clicking on them they say cancelled).

On one of my calls a technician told me that there was an issue on BT's side as the order got cancelled just before being finalised and that this would be sorted in 2-3 days. This was last Monday but does not seem to have been fixed since and no one else has mentioned this ever since.

Among other things I have also been told that in order to cancel that option I needed to go back down to a standard line from service plus. However it did not work.

I received several SMS from BT telling me they had tried to contact me but failed however I was home each and every time and no calls had been made to either my mobile or my landline. In each case the SMS said that they would try to contact me in a few days time (next time they are supposed to call me is Monday). I have been told by a BT operator on Thursday that BT is experiencing issues to contact customers so I am not confident that this situation will not repeat on Monday as well.

From what I have been told during my last call to BT  on the BT side there seems to be no record of the several orders/attempts to remove the barring option, which means that each time I call BT the operator on the phone tells me the exact same thing, I.e. Your international calls are barred, I have placed an order to remove it, it is almost finished, please wait an hour/24h/48h/4 days (these were the answers I received each time) and I am confident your international calls will work again. So far it has not been the case.

In my last call to 151  this afternoon I have been told to wait until Monday for the new order to be finalised. But as the conversation was the same as with the other operators and the order was 'almost finished' as in all the other times, I fear that I will still not be able to place calls abroad then...

Have any of you experienced a similar type of issue and could help with this?

thanks for your help

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unable to remove barring of international calls

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @CecileA

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having removing the barring of certain calls from your line.  Send over your details and we will give you a hand to sort this out from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

I filled the form on Saturday as requested but no one from your team has contacted me so far. I got a call from a lady in the order team yesterday who told me she needed to complete something on my broadband order (not sure which one) and that it would be done by today. She told me I would then need to call BT back to get the barring option removed.

I have looked at my account online it now says I have an order in progress that should complete 11 July (I.e. Yesterday) and still not able to call abroad.

Would someone in your team be able to look into this?

Thanks for your understanding.

Cecile

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Its likely to take a few working days before they contact you, depending on how busy they are.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you.

Apologies for the impatience, I guess I am getting slightly mad at running in circles...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @CecileA,

Thanks for postiong. No need to apologise. We're a little busier than usual but we have our email and will be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you. I contacted the order team again who put me through to their management this time.

Apparently they had an issue to close the broadband upgrade order as they thought I had not received the new hub (not sure why).

Things seem to have moved slightly as after the call I received an update email on my order (first time it happens) saying BT switched off the barring feature and that the faster broadband speed would be provided within 3 working days.

To be followed...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Problem solved, international calls are back
0 Ratings