cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennissh
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Unable to reset email password via bt.com pages

I have recently re-installed my PC with Win 10, and am trying to set up my email account in Outlook.

I have forgotten my email password, so I tried to reset it via the BT.COM website, but when I input my security details (which I know is correct) it tells me that it is not !!!

It specifically requests my email address, postcode and mother's maiden name, but it doesn't recognise my (correct) answers.

I have tried my BT ID password but it is obviously different to that, but it still won't let me reset it.

I am able to use my iphone as well as Thunderbird to access my email account, but I don't know what the email password is on those.

My wife has a sub account which is working OK, with her own email password known to be correct.

I have also tried to access the webmail with my email account, but again says my password is incorrect, and it won't let me reset it with same reason of incorrect security data (which I know the answers are correct).

Is t possible to contact a moderator to force reset the password on my primary account ?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to reset email password via bt.com pages

Try the forgotten password link here

0 Ratings
dennissh
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Just tried that, and it's the same scenario:

On clicking the box to "reset bt email password" it asks me for my security details (email, postcode and mother's maiden name) but still seems to think they are incorrect !!!

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 9

Hi @dennissh,

When entering the security details, it is case sensitive. So if you haven't already done so try entering the the mother's maiden name with the first letter in capitals.

If that doesn't work than I can take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
dennissh
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I have tried what you said, and it's still the same. I have sent you my details via the contact mods link as requested.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Why does the simple have to be so hard to accomplish with the BT mail system, it shouldn't need mod intervention but invariably it does!! Smiley Frustrated

I think I'll just make this my sig Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
dennissh
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I'm still waiting for a mod to respond to my query. I sent the details as requested yesterday, but have had no reply, even though they have all my details.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

The mods are only a very small team and are very busy so can take several days to respond as they deal with all enquiries in turn.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 9 of 9

Hi @dennissh I've checked and we have received your details and you are nearing the top of the queue. One of the team will be in touch as soon as you get to the top. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings