cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmistry
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Unable to reset password

Currently, I receive BT emails (like the April price increases) to my work email account.  Now, I would like to receive these emails to my gmail account.

When I contacted BT Chat, they only had a record of my gmail address against my BT account (and had no knowledge of my work email address!).  Then, I was then told to login into MyBT and change my BT ID to use the gmail email address (currently, I have a BT ID which is not an email address)

When I attempted to change the profile to use gmail address for my BT ID, it said there was already an account with this email address.

So, I tried to reset the password for the BT ID with my gmail address.  However, I cannot answer the security question 'What is your place of birth' - that is obvious to me, but it is somehow incorrect.  Can someone help on how to reset it using a different way?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to reset password

Hi @rmistry

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having updating your email address.  Can I ask you to try my colleagues on the live chat service once more and if you're still no further forward we will give you a hand with this?  You can chat with my colleagues here: Billing Live Chat Team

Keep me posted how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings