Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_in_Hemel
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 25

Unable to send email from anywhere randomly

Go to solution

Periodically I get messages saying Outlook / iPad / iPhone cannot send emails and I need to check my settings. The settings have not changed but I sometimes re-enter the password for fun but this does not cure the problem. A few hours later or maybe the next day the problem resolves itself.

Why is this?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: Unable to send email from anywhere randomly

Go to solution

Because the BT enail system is **** and has been for many a year.

0 Ratings
Alan_in_Hemel
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks licquorice but there must be some technical reason why this is happening. Also if the problem is with BT why do they ask me to check my settings. It is never anything to do with that and wastes my time.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

@Alan_in_Hemel wrote:

Thanks licquorice but there must be some technical reason why this is happening. Also if the problem is with BT why do they ask me to check my settings. It is never anything to do with that and wastes my time.

Yes, but they never admit to that.

The helpdesk have got no idea and just follow a script, they have no understanding whatsoever.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

@Alan_in_Hemel wrote:

Periodically I get messages saying Outlook / iPad / iPhone cannot send emails and I need to check my settings. The settings have not changed but I sometimes re-enter the password for fun but this does not cure the problem. A few hours later or maybe the next day the problem resolves itself.

Why is this?

Hi @Alan_in_Hemel,

Very strange issue indeed!  I am sorry for the hassle this problem is undoubtedly causing.  

The fact that the issue resolves itself after a certain period of time, without you taking any action, just adds to the confusion Smiley Surprised.  

Have you noticed any pattern to when the problem occurs?

Are you using BT Yahoo mail or BT mail?

Do you send a large amount of emails?

I'd be happy to have this investigated for you.  Could you please drop me an email? if you click on my username (SeanD) you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.  If you could include the email address in question that would be helpful.

Cheers

Sean 

0 Ratings
Alan_in_Hemel
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Sean

I am sorry but I could not find the Mods Contact Link anywhere when I clicked on your profile.  To answer your three questions:

Have you noticed any pattern to when the problem occurs? - No it is entirely random.

Are you using BT Yahoo mail or BT mail? - BT Yahoo Mail  (BT Mail never arrived despite the fanfare)

Do you send a large amount of emails? - No about ten a day.

When the problem occurs it also affects my sub accounts. All other aspeccts of my internet usage perform normally on all devices. My iCloud mail still works perfectly.

Alan

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Alan_in_Hemel sorry about that, I've made the link visible if you click my username. You need to be viewing the web version of the site and the link is on the left hand side of the screen as shown in the image below.

contact the mods.png

0 Ratings
Alan_in_Hemel
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

I am not seeing the link at all:

Recent Posts by NeilO
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Can you try my profile @Alan_in_Hemel.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Alan_in_Hemel
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

I have located the form and submitted it. I had problems being both logged in and on the About page. It was difficult to be both at the same time. 

0 Ratings