Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alistair94
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Unable to separate bands

Go to solution

Trying to separate 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. When I swithch on the separate bands button and try to save, I get a pop up  with the following

New Security Password not accepted

The new security password you've entered contains information from your hub settings card.

It must be between 8 to 63 characters long and include uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers.

Please also note that for security reasons your new password must not be easy to guess, and must not be the same as information available on your Hub settings card or base label including Hub admin password, serial number, MAC address, wireless network name or wireless key. 

I don't understand why it appears to be forcing me to change the password if I want to split the channel and I would prefer not to 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Dippu
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to separate bands

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Dippu
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Edit: 21EC update not 2236

0 Ratings
alistair94
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for that, India didn't know! What a bunch of carp and a ridiculous requirement. So the wifi password they supplied with the hub plus labels is no longer any use! What is really going on here?
0 Ratings
alistair94
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Dippu
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@alistair94 wrote:
And how does it fit with this advice? http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14110/~/how-do-i-change-the-wi-fi-password-on-my-bt-h...

I followed them steps when I was forced to change my wifi passkey I seem to remember.

0 Ratings