Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hypertonic
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Unable to set fault to 'Not Fixed'

Go to solution

I have been without a working phone line for 17 days now but today an engineer arrived and fixed it...and it worked for an hour before the line went dead again.

So, I went into the fault tracker and tried to report it as 'Not Fixed' and completed the reason box before clicking continue.

I got a spinner with 'Required field' underneath it before being returned to the 'Track Your Fault' screen and without the fault being reopened.

Tried three different browsers on two different machines on two different operating systems on two different networks; same result, not reopened.

It seems this issue is not unknown looking at previous posts, but as I've already been on the chat system for hours trying to get this fault fixed in the first place, BTs own dodgy web page now has me stumped.

This is the second time in just over month that my phone line has gone awol for days at a time and to say I'm disappointed with BT's customer service is a large understatement.

The sheer effort trying to get a resolution is just unbelivable for a company the made 2 billion last year.

So, is there some kind soul that can suggest an approach that doesn't require me to start a new fault or get involved in BT chat hell ? Again.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to set fault to 'Not Fixed'

Go to solution

Yup, it's a dodgy page on the BT website! All I can suggest is try the line again tomorrow, the 'fix' may have worked after all. I hope you can get all this sorted out soon, best regards.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@hypertonic I'm really sorry about the recent issues you've had with your line. Did you manage to get the fault reported again?

0 Ratings
hypertonic
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply, much appreciated !

The website issue seems to have been around for some time then.

It's a pity a company with BTs' resources couldn't spend a couple of bob fixing it, particularity as it's such an infuriating fault.

As it happens, my phone line is now live again (don't know when this happened...yesterday evening probably) so here's hoping it stays that way !

Setting the fault to 'Fixed' works perfectly by the way...

0 Ratings
hypertonic
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi NeilO, thanks for the prompt response.

My line started working again sometime yesterday evening and as it is still live now, I've set the fault to fixed

It's not so much that I've had problems with the line, after all, stuff breaks and some things take longer to fix than others.

It is the lack of feedback, and the time wasted trying to get that feedback, that is the problem.

I can't help feeling that the pressure on BT's chat and phone help would be much reduced if they could simply provide more information on myBT or the fault tracker.

Is it really that hard to add a comment or two on progress to a web page ?

As I've discovered, the information exists, it's just a time consuming, infuriating faff to get it.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@hypertonic I'm glad it's working OK for you now and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the fault and lack of updates.  Thanks for the feedback regarding the fault tracker information I'll pass that on, regrettably at the moment detailed information regarding the fault progress is often only visible on our suppliers system or if we call them directly for updates.  

0 Ratings
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@hypertonic, if all's well now could you please mark this post as solved? Glad to hear the 'fix worked! Best regards and happy days.

0 Ratings