cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rathian
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unable to take control (Family Sim Plan)

I am the main account holder and have two other sims linked to my family plan.

The first sim i sent an invite to take full control of the account to the phone holder, clicked the link from the text message received. I selected the option to create a new BT account with no issues and full control is active.

The second sim receives the invitation message and clicking the link redirects to the BT page where it asks whether you want to set up a new account or login with an exsisting one but as soon as click on set up a new account I get a blank BT page with {{dante}} at the top (see attached).

Image.png

I have tried the link from the text and email and have resent the invitation and again clicked the links in both the text and email messages.

The phone that worked is an iPhone SE on the latest iOS

The phone not working is an iPhone 7 on the latest iOS

Anyone have any clues?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to take control (Family Sim Plan)

Hi @rathian

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Strange issue!  I'm sorry that you're having this problem on one of the SIMs.  The community isn't going to be able to help with this so we will take your details and give you a hand.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
rathian
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Somebody has claimed they have tried to call. Left a chat link and got a completely clueless person call me who would not listen to the issue and insisted on sending yet another invite which when clicked does the same as the attached picture above. So far it looks like you guys can't help me either!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@rathian Its unlikely to be one of the moderators, as you only contacted them yesterday, I assume you did fill out thr contact form as requested on this post https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Unable-to-take-control-Family-Sim-Plan/m-p/1738718#M8174

0 Ratings
rathian
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Yes, I filled the form out, received a text from BT saying they would call. No call received. Received an email saying they tried but no answer (had phone in hand, never rang), the email had a link to contact tech support.

0 Ratings