cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 83

Re: Unable to use BT services, forums, constant disconnects, reduced internet speed... Whats going o

This is happening in the Sevenoaks areas again, I have BT Infinity - and yes it did happen for a few days a couple of months back there were lots of threads on the forum - certain pages keep timing out, you have to refresh the page to load it.

At first I could not access google, or bing only yahoo - then I realised it was an infinity problem.  I turned everything off for 3 minutes, and on rebooting everything was able to at least access google etc.  There are still some pages timing out, I rang the service update number and it just said they are improving their broadband network etc.  The status page does not show anything for my area at time of writing this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 83

Re: Unable to use BT services, forums, constant disconnects, reduced internet speed... Whats going o

Tried Googles DNS and still couldn't access pages.

Not a lot we can do untill they acknowledge.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 83

I have exactly the same issues that were widely reported back in July, it was however sorted within a couple of days, just hope it is sooner rather than later.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 83

Same Here , Im Posting Using Virgin Media....Im East London , I Have 3 infinity Fibre Susbscriptions in Two Locations In East London..Both Locations on the 3 Fibres Are Experiencing Same Problems As Other People In These Posts...Speed test is fairly OK......ebay loads fast....google loads not so bad....many other websites wont load at all and time out.been going on for few hours now...Ive Checked with freinds on same package in kent area.....no problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 83

Yes same problem here. I originally couldn't access Google.co.uk reset router to factory defaults and can access it but not YouTube or even BT.com, I'm on my iPhone 4G.
If I use a proxy bypass I can access fine. Been an issue since 20:30 16/11/2015
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 83

Same issues up in Derbyshire. Hopefully BT sort it out soon.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 83

Similar issues in Luton, swap to mobile and no problems.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 83

It certainly looks like a repeat of the issues we had for several days a few months ago

Yet we pay premium for BT, it's not exactly the cheapest fibre provider in the UK
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 83

Same problems here in Cambridgeshire.  Switching to Google DNS gives some temporary respite in places.  Luckily my email and Azure connections are OK so I can work. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 83

Hi just to chip in, im in north east kent (da3) and im having the same problems this morning. I am can not reach any websites. normasl set up of asus n66u router and openreach modem not working nor is the hh5????

edit: using comodo dns on asus and of course bt on the hh5

0 Ratings