cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean_
Contributor
Message 1 of 83

Unable to use BT services, forums, constant disconnects, reduced internet speed... Whats going on?

Hi,

The last few days have been a struggle now, I though't it was just an off day or two but I'm constanly having issues with my connection, random disconnecting, my speeds have dropped from 46meg now down to 30meg.

I can't even access ANY BT services, forums, chat support, support anything it refuses to load on all browers on my computer and idevices.

The only way I'm able to post now is via my iphone using 3G......

Is there a major outage over the last few days? Because nothing has been communicated nor any issues stating on the net...

Anyone able to shed some light, as I'm getting sick to death with my speeds contantly going up and down and being corrected for it only to last a couple weeks to a month...

PS. This is for the Suffolk area.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
82 REPLIES 82
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 83

Re: Unable to use BT services, forums, constant disconnects, reduced internet speed... Whats going o

if you connect to the router with wifi there could be an issue with radio interference. can you try to connect a pc or tablet directly wired to the router/hub?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Dean_
Contributor
Message 3 of 83

Re: Unable to use BT services, forums, constant disconnects, reduced internet speed... Whats going o

Everything is hardwired unless stated, ie my idevices. However as stated above I can only connect to this site via my phone using 3G.

Appreciate if a MOD can contact me please.

0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 4 of 83

Dean, we are also in Suffolk - haven't had any issues of late until tonight - some websites are loading normally such as Google and eBay but others will not load at all - Sainsbury, bbc, and all the bt websites as well - I've had to use phone to post on here. Speed is fine though so it might not be connected to your issues at all.
0 Ratings
bumper31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 83

I'm on south east London and just spent an hour on the phone with bt support jumping through the usual rubbish hoops whilst they swear there isn't an error on the line.

Anyway switched back to hh3 and it sprung to life.

So thinking it was a hh5 problem I hung up...but now the hh3 is exhibiting the same issues that your seeing.

So I suspect bt have a broader problem.

We had a similar issue a few months ago and it was days before they admitted a problem....

So we'll just have to hang tight
0 Ratings
orozz
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 83

Same here in Stamford, certain websites unreachable or loading slowly yet some are fine and speedtest.net gives a steady 25Mbps down. DNS issues again?

0 Ratings
Dean_
Contributor
Message 7 of 83

Good to know, many thanks...

Many of my sites just refuse to load now and online gaming well.... Don't even get me started, be on the phone to them tomorrow.

Anyone else?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 83

it sounds like a DNS problem
0 Ratings
FooFan73
Contributor
Message 9 of 83

As @bumper31 said, this happened a few months back and lasted for days, mainly because BT simply wouldn't even acknowledge there was a problem at first
0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 10 of 83

No end of reports on downdetector now - would be nice if BT could flag the issue on the service status page instead of folks having to go round in circles to find out what the problem is!!
0 Ratings