cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chapi72
Contributor
Message 21 of 83

Network Issues

Hi, Are there any network issues that I can't find out about?

I was happily surfing the web last night and around 9:15pm it was like someone had thrown a switch and I had no (or very ver slow) connection.

Most websites time out with no response.

My HH5 is synced to the exchange at 79999 which is the same as when the openreach engineer changed the socket.

Exchange is EACHY but the BT searches say no issues, is there an infrastructure issue?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Culvere
Beginner
Message 22 of 83

Re: Network Issues

Same here. Still have the same problem this morning. It seems as if this is a DNS problem.

Exchange: East Bridgford, Nottinghamshire

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 83

If you have a look through this board you will others are having similar problems.

You can check the BT Status here

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

0 Ratings
Culvere
Beginner
Message 24 of 83

Thanks. But as usual it says everything is OK. It is not. It happened to me at exactly the same time as the original poster on different exchanges it seems. 

I cannot access over 50% of websites requested which points to DNS server problems which can only mean infrastructure issues surely? Of course this cannot be tested as BT in their infinite wisdom do not allow DNS server changes on the HH5.

0 Ratings
robh54
Contributor
Message 25 of 83

Seems to be same everywhere, some things work some don't connections to email come and go etc. Odd thing is the BTCare twitter feed makes no mention of it.

0 Ratings
milhousevh
Contributor
Message 26 of 83

Re: Unable to use BT services, forums, constant disconnects, reduced internet speed... Whats going o

(BT ADSL customer here in South London, CR0 - this isn't just an Infinity problem)

It's not a DNS issue, as I can't connect to servers using IP addresses, yet I can connect to the same IP addresses from non-BT networks (eg. Sky). So changing DNS servers will not help.

For instance, the following two servers are not responding to pings from the BT network, but reply to pings from the Sky network (it's not just ICMP, these servers are to all intents and purposes "not there" from the BT network, but accessible from Sky):

github.com server: 192.30.252.125
api.pushover.net:  108.59.13.232

Trying to watch news.bbc.co.uk videos on the BT network is currently impossible.

The BT Community forum (ie. this site) is excruciatingly slow to load pages (much worse than usual).

I first noticed this problem about 1am this morning, but not sure exactly when it started.

Hopefully BT acknowledge this issue more quickly and transparently than they did the last time.

0 Ratings
mikbrown
Beginner
Message 27 of 83

Same problem , West sussex , started 9pm ish 16/11

0 Ratings
chapi72
Contributor
Message 28 of 83

No information for my exchange on the fault tracking and no exchanges even near me listed.

0 Ratings
RichTeaBiscuit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 83

I've got the same problem. In Surrey. Again.

As usual the status page says everything is fine. There is really no point even bothering with it. BT have such low regard for their customers.

Honestly, I cannot wait for another ISP to support my 300mb FTTP product, I'm looking forward to the day I can tell this company to do one.

snowglider
Beginner
Message 30 of 83

Re: Unable to use BT services, forums, constant disconnects, reduced internet speed... Whats going o

Same in Loughborough on BT infinity with HH5.

Some sites working perfectly, speedtest working perfectly - just certain sites don't exist. Tried google DNS servers, didn't help.

0 Ratings