Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Unable to use web ordering sytem or downgrade infinity

Go to solution

Wonder if any Mods could help. I've been with BT phone and internet for 15 years. Currently paying for Infinity 2. Two problems:

1. When I log into MyBT I can check all my details are correct. When I try and order a service though after a pause I get a message saying that I am not with BT and I will need to move my phone line to them and then my broadband.

2. I want to downgrade my Infinity from 2 down to 1. I can only get 18Mb download so don't know why I'm paying extra for speeds I'll never attain.

I rang BT 10 days ago. Guy there agreed that their systems confirmed all my details were correct but when they tried web ordering on my behalf it didn't recognise me. He said he would contact technical guys with details and they would ring me within couple of days and sort it out. It was likely to be a simple mismatch of a detail between their system and the web system.

Of course they never did ring back!

Any ideas of how I can be receiving a service and paying and yet BT doesn't think I have a phone line or service with them!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to use web ordering sytem or downgrade infinity

Go to solution

I would try ringing again on 0800 100 400

and explain that you wish to downgrade and give them your details.

Good Luck

Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @DrMagical Sorry you have not been contacted back and there is obviously something wrong when you get the error message. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @DrMagical Glad to hear we were able to get this fixed for you and you were able re-contract your broadband and alter the calling plan to save a few £'s.

Cheers

John

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Fantastic service from you, glitchy system (I presume you have decades of old legacy customers like me and if some tiny detail doesn't tally completely it all goes to pot!) but great service! Thanks.

0 Ratings